Cheap reads!

   If you're like me and don't have a ton of money to spend, a Kindle is a nice thing to have.  There's a ton of free or cheap books to be had.  The problem is a lot of them are either terribly written or in serious need of an editor.  So I thought I'd help you out and post some of them I've read that are actually decent.  This is a short list; I'll post other books as I find them.
   First on the list is Bad Wolf by Tim McGregor.  I love werewolf stories and finding decent ones is hard to do.  So I was pleasantly surprised by this one.  It's very well written, and the werewolves are not cuddly teddy bears, which is always a plus.  It's also the first in a trilogy.  Bad Wolf is free, and the two sequels are cheap, so it's well worth the price.  Give it a try!
   If you like horror check out Darcy Coates.  Her books run in the $4 dollar range, so they're not uber cheap.  But they are pretty good.  She writes well; the only problem is her books tended to be a little formulaic after I read a couple.  But if you only want to read one or two they're worth checking out.
   Next, I'd recommend Grace Draven.  She's pretty popular so you might have heard of her.  She writes fantasy romance.  I know, eye roll, right?  But her books have a strong plot, and she's an awesome writer.  I usually don't go for romance, but hers are so well written I read them anyways.  They run from free to a couple of dollars.  Give them a look, you might be surprised.
   And last but not least is A Green and Ancient Light by Frederic S. Durbin.  When I bought it, it was priced at $2.99; however, it's gone up to $7.99.  So technically it's not an inexpensive read anymore, but it was so good I had to include it anyways.  It's set during World War 2 and is about a boy that stays with his grandmother during the summer.  It's a blend of fantasy, coming of age story, and so much more.  Definitely give it a try, even if it's just to download a sample.  Excellent book!
  And that's all I have for now.  If anyone has any suggestions for cheap or just plain awesome books to read I'd love to hear them!  Happy reading.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angel of Death by Adrian Ferrer Review

Megacon Orlando 2017 pictures

What are you guys reading or doing this weekend?