Non-Fiction Friday-Something a little different this week!

This week I figured instead of doing more recommendations or a review, I'd post some photos for you guys that I thought you might find interesting. These are pictures of two replica ships. The bigger ship is called El Galeón Andalucia and is a replica of a 17th-century Spanish galleon. The smaller black one is a replica of the Victoria, the first ship to successfully circumnavigate the globe in the 1500's. This type of ship was called a carrack, in case you're interested. I was fortunate enough to see them when they were docked in St. Augustine, Florida; it was an awesome experience! I hope you guys enjoy the pictures!



El Galeón is 170ft long and 125ft tall; standing next to her made me feel like a midget! She weighs over 495 tons.



















  

 Pictures of the Captain's Cabin










The Victoria is a little smaller; she's only 89ft long and weighs in at about 85 tons. Those sailors that traveled around the world had guts; I wouldn't want to be on that ship in rough weather!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angel of Death by Adrian Ferrer Review

Megacon Orlando 2017 pictures

What are you guys reading or doing this weekend?