Non-Fiction Friday

   So after a two-week break, I finally found time to get this going again!  What've you guys been reading these past few weeks? I haven't been reading a lot of non-fiction. I did try to read Monster of Florence again, but I just can't get into it. It's not that it's poorly written, Preston tells a good story. It just doesn't hold my interest right now; I might try again later when I'm in the right mood for it. So on to the next book! I do have a few suggestions for you guys. Hopefully, one of them will spark your interest!
   The Sixth Extinction: an Unnatural History is about how humans are affecting the planet and how we could possibly (almost certainly) be causing a sixth mass extinction. Cheerful, eh? Still, it's something we should all be aware of, and maybe we can work to fix it.
   In Cold Blood focuses on the murder of the Clutter family in 1950's Kansas. Another cheerful book! It's not an unsolved murder, as the two perpetrators were caught and convicted. This book is a look at their lives and motivations for the killings.
   The Amber Room: The Fate of the World's Greatest Lost Treasure supposedly solves the mystery of the fate of the Amber Room, one of the treasures lost during WW2.  They've done a reconstruction of the room at the Catherine Palace in St. Petersburg if you want to look at pictures. While it's not the original, it's still a gorgeous room. It's a shame the authentic one has never been found.
   And for people who like ghost stories, Ghosts of the Air: True Stories of Aerial Hauntings sounds like a pretty good book. I'm reading this one now, so I'll let you know what I think when I'm done. And that is it for this week! If you guys have any recommendations, non-fiction or otherwise, feel free to share. Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angel of Death by Adrian Ferrer Review

Megacon Orlando 2017 pictures

What are you guys reading or doing this weekend?