Black Rabbit Hall review

  
   The goal of reading one non-fantasy book a month is going very well!  Ok so it's only the first month but I really enjoyed Black Rabbit Hall.  I didn't think I was going to at first.  There was no magic, elves, or soul eating demons.  But Eve Chase is a very good author.  The book packs an emotional punch and her use of imagery is amazing.  You feel like you're actually in Cornwall.  I understand this is her first book so I'm definitely going to be putting her on my list of authors to read.  Some of her plot devices were a little overused (evil stepmother) but I think her writing will only improve in the future.  If you enjoy a good mystery give it a try you won't be disappointed.  Just bring some tissues and let me know what you think!  Now for next month I think I'm going to read either The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova or Natchez Burning by Greg Iles.  I'm leaning towards Swan Thieves as I've read The Historian, also written by Kostova, and loved it.  If anyone has any suggestions I'm always looking for new books to read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Megacon Orlando 2017 pictures

Angel of Death by Adrian Ferrer Review

What are you guys reading or doing this weekend?