The Turn by Kim Harrison review

   Having read all of the Hollows books, I was mightily disappointed when the series ended, as a lot of people were. I can understand why the series ended though; it must get tedious writing about the same characters year after year. So when The Turn was announced I was ecstatic; I generally don't enjoy prequels, but I happily bought this one. If you've read the main series you already know what happens, but The Turn fills out a lot of details, and we get to see a lot of familiar faces. Kim Harrison's writing is spot on, as usual. Trisk is a flawed but entertaining heroine, while Trent makes you want to smack him.  Repeatedly, with a two by four. It's an excellent return (and farewell, probably) to the series. I don't think I would've enjoyed it near as much if Agaliarept hadn't been in the book; he's such an excellent character and my favorite from the Hollows series. If Kim Harrison ever decided to write a series about Al, I could die a happy person! If you've ever noticed, all my profile pictures are of a blue butterfly. That is because of Al; you'd have to read the series to understand. All in all a very enjoyable book, I definitely recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angel of Death by Adrian Ferrer Review

Megacon Orlando 2017 pictures

What are you guys reading or doing this weekend?